We asked Ben's teenage daughters and a friend to hit two of the area's major Halloween events and give us the guano on super scares.
- They braved Busch Gardens' Howl-O-Scream ($74.99 per ticket day of) for three hours Saturday, then let Ben tag along to Scream-A-Geddon ($60 per ticket day of) in Dade City.
Here are their tips for navigating local haunts:
Overview: The houses were lacking and the lines so long we only got into two in three hours.
Cell Block Zombies
- Review: Good jump scares and lots of actors, but the costumes and rooms were repetitive.
- Highlight: Gross prison toilet with guts in it.
- Gore factor: 🔪🔪🔪🔪
- Fright factor: 👻👻
Death Water Bayou
- Review: Cool decorations and costumes but no jump scares and only lasted about two minutes. Kids play.
- Highlight: Vortex tunnel
- Gore factor: 🔪 out of 5
- Fright factor: 👻 out of 5
Overview: Scarier houses than Howl-O-Scream, much shorter lines and less walking between the houses. Well worth the drive. Demon's Revenge
- Review: This was better than all of Howl-O-Scream combined.
- Highlight: My dad ran into a wall and dramatically slid down to the ground, screaming "IT'S A DEAD END."
- Gore factor: 🔪🔪
- Fright Factor: 👻👻👻👻👻
Blood Water Bayou
- Review: This was eight minutes of terror, featuring the classic chain-saw chase.
- Highlight: My dad crawled through some of the house. He said, "I felt like y'all were getting sucked into the green light, so I crawled below it, just in-case."
- Gore Factor: 🔪🔪🔪🔪
- Fright Factor: 👻👻👻👻
- Review: Lots of flashing lights and very disorienting but not very many jump scares.
- Highlight: A clown jumping out from around the corner and my dad laid down on the ground screaming. A medic came over to see if he was okay.
- Gore Level: 🔪
- Fright Factor: 👻👻👻
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.