Weekend things to do in San Diego | Nov. 17-19
We know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but the holiday season is making its grand entrance this weekend with events across San Diego.
Here's what's happening:
Ice skating rinks
When are where: Both rinks are open daily until Jan. 7. The Rady rink at 2820 Roosevelt Rd. is open from 10am-10pm. Hotel Del's "Skating by the Sea" is open from 11am-10pm Friday and 10am-10pm on Saturday and Sunday at 1500 Orange Ave.
- Cost: Tickets for Rady's rink are $20 for adults and $15 for children. Skating at Hotel Del costs $40 per person.
🎄Get in the spirit by watching "Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" at The Old Globe Theater. Plus, "Ebeneezer Scrooge's BIG San Diego Christmas Show," a comical local twist on the classic story, premieres this weekend.
- When and where: Evening and matinee showtimes are available this weekend at the theater in Balboa Park.
- Cost: Tickets for the Grinch show are $52+ for adults and $39+ for kids; Tickets for the Scrooge show are $29+.
Enjoy the dazzling Lightscape at the San Diego Botanic Garden, featuring festive installations on a one-mile loop through the gardens.
- When and where: Today through Jan. 1 from 5-10pm at 300 Quail Gardens Dr. in Encinitas.
- Cost: Tickets are $23+ for adults and $13+ for children
✨ Experience the second annual Carlsbad Camp Store's "Sound of Light" show with themed light and music displays that illuminate the beach.
- When and where: Today through Jan. 2 at the South Carlsbad beach campground at 7201 Carlsbad Blvd. On-site parking is limited.
- Cost: Free; donations accepted.
Beach town street fair
🛍️ Shop, eat and drink at the Encinitas holiday street fair with live music, arts and crafts vendors, children's rides and a beer garden that's dog-friendly.
- When and where: Sunday 9am-5pm on the South Coast Highway 101 from D to J Street in downtown Encinitas.
- Cost: Free
More San Diego stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios San Diego.