Where to eat, play and stay in Black Mountain, 4 hours from Raleigh
Just 16 miles east of Asheville, Black Mountain is the ideal spot to go if you're trying to have a more secluded vacation in Western NC.
Here's what to do and where to eat/drink and stay.
Where to stay
This cozy getaway has an enclosed porch where guests can enjoy a meal outside or just catch some fresh air.
- Features: Lake access, free washer/dryer in-unit, WiFi
- Rate: $118+ per night
- Location: North Black Mountain
Newly built, this cabin is decked out with tons of amenities if you want to spend more time inside, and nearby hiking trails and waterfalls if you want to explore the outdoors.
- Features: Fireplace, hot tub, fire pit, game room
- Rate: $1,765+ fees (minimum three nights)
- Address: 109 Fuji Falls Trail
3. Arbor House
This bed and breakfast by Lake Tomahawk is surrounded by amenities like outdoor tennis courts, pool, golf course and hiking trails.
- Features: Free WiFi, pool, full gourmet breakfast available
- Rate: $235+ per night
- Address: 207 Rhododendron Ave.
Where to eat
Located inside a house that was built in 1904, Louise's Kitchen serves homestyle meals like biscuits and gravy, chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry waffles, grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken salad.
- Hours: Sunday 10am-2pm, Monday-Saturday 7:30am-2pm
- Address: 115 Black Mountain Ave.
Dripolator has a wide variety of tasty drinks from hot chocolate to lattes, frappes and fruit smoothies.
- Hours: Daily 6:45am-6pm
- Address: 221 W. State St.
A family operation, Cousins Cuban Cafe serves a variety of authentic Cuban food that promises to be flavorful.
- Hours: Daily 9am-3pm, closed on Wednesdays
- Address: 108 Broadway Ave.
What to do
1. Hang out at Black Mountain Cider + Mead
Grab an afternoon drink at the taproom where the beverages are made with local apples and honey.
- Hours: Thursday and Friday 3-7pm, Saturday 1-7pm, Sunday 1-6pm
- Address: 104 Eastside Dr. #307
2. Take a hike
There's no shortage of great hiking in Black Mountain. We suggest Lookout, a moderate, well-marked 1.5-mile trail near Montreat.
- Lookout trail: 99999 Lookout Rd.
3. Shop around downtown Black Mountain
- Hours: Varies by store.
- Location: Downtown Black Mountain
More Raleigh stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Raleigh.