Nov 9, 2021 - COVID
Deadline to get fully vaccinated in time for holidays nears
The clock is ticking for those looking to gain some COVID-19 immunity ahead of the holidays, Philadelphia health officials recently warned.
What to know: The deadline to get the first shot in time to be fully vaccinated before upcoming family gatherings is approaching.
- Thanksgiving: Must get the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine by Thursday. (It's too late for the other two.)
- Hanukkah: J&J by Nov. 14.
- Christmas: Moderna is needed by Nov. 13, Pfizer by Nov. 20 and J&J by Dec. 11.
- Kwanzaa: Moderna by Nov. 14, Pfizer by Nov. 21, and J&J by Dec. 12.
Of note: It's unlikely children will be able to get fully vaccinated by Thanksgiving or Hanukkah, but Christmas and Kwanzaa are still a realistic goal for some.
- Kids ages 5-11 are only eligible for Pfizer-BioNTech's pediatric vaccine, which received federal approval last week. It requires the second dose to be given three weeks after the first.
Find vaccination sites on the city's website.
More Philadelphia stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Philadelphia.