Pizza-by-the-slice, Bentonville style
- Pizza being a favorite food of mine, I'm always game to eat and opine.
The setup: Bentonville Slice is a food trailer parked at the corner of NW 2nd and NW A streets downtown. There are a few benches out front that sort of meld into the seating area of The Dive. It's ideal for takeout or a quick bite outside.
- I arrived at about 1:30 in the afternoon, too late to comment on how busy it is for lunch.
- Yes, but: Seeing a newbie, another patron asked if I'd ever eaten there. Hearing "no," she talked it up and said it is one of her favorite lunch spots.
- I tried a slice of pepperoni ($5) — a sort of control group — and the supreme which had pepperoni, sausage, bacon, red onions, mushrooms and bell peppers ($6).
The verdict: This pizza is worthy of your time and money. The slices are big and foldable. The sauce has a great zing; the toppings are plentiful and of high quality.
- The crust is flavorful with the right kind of consistency and chew factor, like it ought to be.
The bottom line: I asked the cook what style of pizza it was, expecting he'd say "New York-style" or "Neapolitan style" or the like.
- He replied simply: "By the slice."
More NW Arkansas stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios NW Arkansas.