Flavortown comes to The Nations
Nicky's Coal Fired is ready for its close-up.
- Flavortown guru Guy Fieri recently visited The Nations eatery for an upcoming episode of his TV show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives."
How to watch: The local restaurant's episode airs 8pm Friday on the Food Network.
Why it matters: Fieri's stamp of approval gives local restaurants a national profile that can translate to big business.
What he ate: While he was at Nicky's, Fieri tasted Mama G's meatballs and the Hey Paisano pizza, which comes with smoked mozzarella, capicola, red onion, and spicy honey.
- Both dishes will get star turns on the show, according to a news release.
What they're saying: Caroline Galzin, who co-owns the restaurant with her husband Tony, tells Axios the process was a fun whirlwind and that Fieri gave them some advice before he left.
- "Be ready for the avalanche that's going to happen after the show airs," she remembers him saying.
- Galzin says they have been trying for about a month to add staffing.
- "We're sweating a little bit."
More Nashville stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.