Thanksgiving turkey trots across the Miami area
If the idea of working out on a holiday makes you feel angry, please skip to the next story and save us a slice of pie.
- For those of you who want to run — or walk — off that Thanksgiving turkey before dinner, the Turkey Trots are back.
What's happening: Cities across South Florida and the U.S. are hosting their annual Thanksgiving races.
- Apart from the exercise, you'll get free food and refreshments, a medal and a T-shirt to mark your accomplishment.
- Dressing up in holiday costumes is always welcome.
South Beach: Enjoy the scenic views of Ocean Drive at the Make-A-Wish Southern Florida Turkey Trot for Wishes 5K run/walk
- Registration at 7am. Race starts at 8am.
- Meet at Lummus Park, 1060 Ocean Dr.
- Online registration is $35 for adults, $20 for kids under 12 years old. (Fee increases by $5 on event day.)
Westchester: Run around Tropical Park for the Baptist Health Turkey Trot Miami 5K/10K.
- Register online prior to the race or in person between 5am and 6:30am. (Cars won't be allowed to park at Tropical Park after 6:30am.)
- Race starts at 7am.
- Registration is $56 for the 10k, $51 for the 5K. (Kids Trot is sold out.)
Fort Lauderdale: The Fort Lauderdale Turkey Trot 5K will take participants along the beach down A1A.
- Race starts at 7:30am.
- Meet at Las Olas Oceanside Park, 3000 E Las Olas Blvd.
- Registration is $55. Day-of registration opens at 6:00am.
More Miami stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Miami.