Axios Houston celebrates first anniversary
A year ago Tuesday, we hit send on the first-ever official Axios Houston newsletter.
- OG subscribers remember our accidental launch a week prior, but this one-year anniversary is special to us nonetheless.
Why it matters: This newsletter is a daily digest of the Bayou City, with a mix of reported stories, aggregated hits, humble food reviews and coverage of Houston's favorite sports teams.
- With such a large metro, it's a lot to keep up with — but the two of us love doing it day in and day out.
Flashback: Over the last 12 months, we've sent nearly 250 newsletters and kept our readers up to date on the biggest stories in Houston, including a scoop on the embattled Interstate 45 project, the state of homelessness and how Houston's economy could fare during a recession.
- We've done deep dives on the Astros' latest run in the World Series, Texas' most recent legislative session, the Harris County Jail, Houston's storied drag kings and the Final Four.
- Plus: We've written about food, bird migration, group bike rides, theater, gardening, concert hacks, things to do, chickens, grapes, zoo animals, the corpse flower and even street sweepers — to name a few.
What's next: We're just getting started and promise to continue digging into the most important issues in H-Town.
- We want to hear your ideas, too. Reply to this email with the stories you'd like to see told in the newsletter.
The bottom line: Thank you for reading our newsletter and supporting us.
- If you've enjoyed spending your mornings with us over the last year, encourage your friends and neighbors to subscribe for free.
More Houston stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Houston.