🦁 5 Tuesday Takeaways: The real-deal Lions
Thoughts and ruminations from Sunday's 36-27 win over the Washington Commanders:
1. Amon-Ra St. Brown is a legit star: The second-year receiver caught balls in traffic, ripped off clutch runs and continued to set an example of excellence.
- We see no weaknesses.
2. I'm not crying, you're crying: Offensive lineman Dan Skipper — initially cut from the team but called to duty due to injuries — made his first career start and was the game's improbable star. Coach Dan Campbell's postgame praise and Skipper's sheepish grin were truly heartwarming.
3. Hutch went off: Rookie Aidan Hutchinson rebounded from an underwhelming Week One with three sacks, a franchise rookie record.
4. D'Andre Swift steps up: The stud running back showed grit, played through injury and made several key plays — none bigger than a relentless touchdown catch-and-scramble in the third quarter.
5. The Lions might be for real: Yes, we actually typed that sentence. What could go wrong?
More Detroit stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Detroit.