Jul 8, 2022 - Things to Do
What to do in Detroit this weekend
We're just nine weekends away from Labor Day, which means it's time to start checking items off your summer bucket list.
- Here are some things to do in the city this weekend:
🌊 Get on the water: It's going to be a great weekend for walking the downtown riverfront.
- For something fun for a special occasion, Jet Ski rentals are $135 an hour per person.
🖼️ Contemporary art unveiling: A new edition of Public Matter featuring work from Jason Revok opens Saturday.
- The public exhibitions curated by Library Street Collective feature large-scale paintings by high profile names in contemporary art.
- The unveiling begins at 6pm at The Belt with a party followed by a performance by Curtis Roach at 9:30pm.
🪁 Belle Isle kite festival: The fourth annual Detroit Kite Festival returns to Belle Isle Sunday.
- Kites will fly at Cricket Field, near the James Scott Fountain, from 10am to 4pm.
- Organizers will have kites for you to fly, but encourage bringing your own.
More Detroit stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Detroit.