Vegas marks Pistons as Summer League favorites
Jaden Ivey made his Pistons Summer League debut last night, scoring 20 points in the team's 81-78 win over Portland.
Driving the news: Detroit entered its first NBA Summer League game as the odds-on favorite to win the 10-day tournament based in Las Vegas.
- Cade Cunningham, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 Draft, is on the summer league roster but isn't expected to play after an impressive rookie campaign.
What we're watching: Vegas thinks Detroit will win this year's summer league in part because the roster includes more experienced players like Killian Hayes and Saben Lee to guide the rookies through their first set of pro games.
What's next: Detroit has three remaining summer league games before the full team gets back together in the fall:
- July 9 at 6pm against the Washington Wizards (ESPN2)
- July 12 at 9pm against the Indiana Pacers (NBA TV)
- July 14 at 5:30pm against the Cleveland Cavaliers (not televised)
- The top two teams from their first four games play in the championship game July 17.
More Detroit stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Detroit.