These Polk County properties received the largest property tax assessment reductions this year.
Of note: Tax savings were calculated using the county assessor's online tax estimating tool.
Nationwide Insurance, 1200 Locust St. in DSM
- Value change: -$18,800,000 (From $49,400,000 to $30,600,000)
- Estimated annual tax savings: $818,000
What they're saying: Nationwide's protest was linked with a downtown office building that will be leased to third-party tenants next year, Joe Case, associate vice president of communications, told Axios. (It was 97% vacant at the time the protest was considered.)
- A new remote work strategy allows about 50% of its employees to work from home.
Graham Group (Warehouse), 5635 NE 14th St. in DSM
- Value change: -$7,400,000 (From $44,300,000 to $36,900,000)
- Estimated annual tax savings: $190,836
Ned Altoona LLC (Outlets of Des Moines), 801Bass Pro Dr NW in Altoona
- Value change: -$7,000,000 (From $53,300,000 to $46,300,000)
- Estimated annual tax savings: $238,264
Knapp Properties (AP Lofts), 340 SW 5th St. in DSM
- Value change: -$5,890,000 (From $13,700,000 to $7,810,000)
- Estimated annual tax savings: $181,632
Traditional Apartments,807 SW 28th St. in Ankeny
- Value change: -$4,100,000 (From $26,600,000 to $22,500,000)
- Estimated annual tax savings: $90,161
Review the full list of successful property tax protests.
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.