Tips to stay warm ahead of Denver's latest cold front
If the snow looks enticing Wednesday, keep in mind it's frigid outside.
By the numbers: The wind chill temperatures are expected to dip below 0° and the low is forecast to hit -1°.
- Thursday will be sunny but a face-freezing 22° and lows hovering near 0°.
What to know: We turned to our Axios colleague Monica Eng in Chicago for advice on how to stay warm.
- She reports she uses a heating pad on her office chair and wears microwavable slippers filled with rice to keep her toes toasty.
- Her bathroom is warm, so she sometimes works from her tub with her dog on her lap. Seriously, here's a photo.
Other tips she received from fellow midwesterners:
- Work in a room you can close and get a portable heater.
- Exercise. Pushups and jumping jacks get your blood pumping.
- Make a "simmer pot" that smells good and adds humidity.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.