The Great American Beer Festival is canceled again. And other Denver beer events followed suit.
The good news: The nation's top craft brewers are still coming to Colorado this week — and bringing beer just in time for Denver Beer Week.
What's happening: The Craft Brewers Conference, an industry-only gathering at the Colorado Convention Center, starts Thursday and plenty of local breweries and bars are hosting public tastings on the sidelines.
Mark your calendar: To prioritize your palate, here are my top picks.
Quick take: The best part of GABF is the opportunity to try new beer from across the country — and the special releases from our favorite local breweries.
- CBC Tap Takeover at Hops & Pie, 11:30am-8pm, Thursday through Sunday: Colorado's (new) best beer bar won't disappoint, but don't miss Great Notion and Maine Beer pours.
- Lager Love at First Draft Taproom, noon, Thursday: Brewers love lagers most because they are more drinkable. Try Mountains Walking, Societe and Russian River.
- Bottom Feeders Lager Party at Brass Tacks, 4-7pm, Thursday: More lager! Local breweries show off the best from Trve, OMF, Cerebral, Ratio and Bierstadt.
- Friends at Finn's at Finn's Manor, 2pm, Friday: Start the weekend early with two hot newcomers to the scene, Tripping Animals from Florida and Bow & Arrow from New Mexico. And the best hazy being poured: Other Half's double-dry hopped Mylar Bags.
- Class of 1996, 25th Anniversary Bash at Walnut Room, 7-10pm, Friday: Who says old-timers can't have fun? This event features stalwarts of craft beer who are celebrating 25 years in the business, including Firestone Walker, Bear Republic, Stone and Victory.
- Vanta Brews at Cerebral Brewing, noon, Saturday: This event promises "the darkest stouts known to man" from some of the best breweries, like Other Half, Mikerphone and Maplewood. First come, first served, so go early.
- Great Mexican Beer Fiesta at Cerveceria Colorado, 3-9pm, Saturday: Try three collaborations between this Denver brewery and its friends in Mexico, including Cafe de Olla Stout and a Chipotle Amber Ale.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.