Aug 30, 2021 - Sports
How much Colorado's highest-paid athletes make
Colorado's highest-paid athletes hail from the NBA.
The top two earners play for the Denver Nuggets. The rest of the top five includes two Colorado Rockies and one Denver Bronco, according to our analysis of annual cash earnings data from Spotrac and Baseball-Reference.
- All athletes in the top 10 will pocket at least $10 million this year.
By the numbers:
- Nikola Jokic, Nuggets, $31.6 million
- Jamal Murray, Nuggets, $29.5 million
- Charlie Blackmon, Rockies, $21 million
- Trevor Story, Rockies, $18.5 million
- Von Miller, Broncos, $18 million
- Justin Simmons, Broncos, $17 million
- Aaron Gordon, Nuggets, $16.4 million
- Will Barton, Nuggets, $15.6 million
- Patrick Surtain II, Broncos, $13.3 million
- Ronald Darby, Broncos, $10 million
(Tie) Shelby Harris, Broncos, $10 million
(Tie) Mikko Rantanen, Avalanche, $10 million
Of note: These figures show cash paid to each player for the upcoming season (or current one for the Rockies). Signing bonuses that were already paid are not included.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.