Mar 26, 2021 - News
A year after Colorado's stay-at-home order: Denver's post-pandemic bucket list
One year ago today, Colorado's stay-at-home order took effect statewide and brought our lives to a screeching halt.
To give it a positive spin, we asked Axios Denver readers to reflect on their must-do list when it feels safe to venture out again.
For some of you, it’s the little things that matter most:
- "Walk down a street, smile at a stranger and get a smile in return." — Jan
- "My wife and I have dinner reservations at Elway's for March 30. This will be our first meal inside a restaurant in almost 13 months." — Howard
- "Babysitters and date nights (with my wife, not the babysitters)." — Paul
For others, it’s all about the return of live entertainment:
- "I can’t wait to attend a crowded live music event and hug all those friends — and strangers!"— Frances
- "I would like to attend live theatre ... my favorite is Buntport Theater in Denver." — Barbara
Simply socializing again also leads your lists:
- "Return to the hospital where I volunteer and ... rejoin the library book club; connect back with the senior center where I volunteered." — Alan
- "My husband and I moved to Denver two days before the stay-at-home order. On my priority list is going out and making friends in the area!" — Jen
- "My small business has been 100% remote, including when we have hired 4 people over the last year. I can’t wait to get everyone together for a barbecue." — Alex
And lots of you plan to travel:
- "Moab — or some other desert haunt with less people." — Joe
- "Top of my list after I get my second vaccination is to visit my 89-year-old mother in Arizona. We've been doing weekly Zoom calls for the last year, but it's not the same as an in-person hug." — Connie
This story first appeared in the Axios Denver newsletter, designed to help readers get smarter, faster on the most consequential news unfolding in their own backyard.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.