Luxury penthouse at the Ivey’s Hotel in Uptown asks $2.95M
This luxurious penthouse was recently listed for $2,950,000.
The exact address is 127 N Tryon St #615 in Fourth Ward.
Why it matters: The penthouse is located in one of the few historic buildings, The Ivey’s Hotel, that is still standing in Uptown. Built in 1924, the building was previously home to the Ivey’s brand department store for about nine decades. Along with Belk, Ivey’s helped make Uptown a premier shopping destination, as the Observer noted.
- The department store closed in 1990 and five years later, the building was converted to condos and retail space.
Layout: At 4,400 square feet, the corner condo for sale has four bedrooms and three bathrooms.
- The expansive space features hardwood floors, multiple wine storage displays, a storage unit, a home automation system and built-in shelving.
- “The original design of this traditional floor plan has evolved into a contemporary and open layout, now perfect for entertaining in style and living in luxury,” listing agent Shane McDevitt said.
Design: Similar to the design style in the hotel, with no two rooms identically designed, this penthouse has been customized to blend a modern and luxurious look with entertaining in mind.
- Additional stylish modern features include a Swedish Aga oven in the gourmet kitchen, a walk-in closet, a free-standing bathtub, 16-foot tall ceilings and a linear gas fireplace.
- There’s also a perfect view of the canopy of treetops, and the city’s expanding southwest skyline through the 11-foot windows.
- “This penthouse is perfect for the buyer who will appreciate how the renovated and historic Ivey’s building seamlessly melds with the energy and excitement of Uptown Charlotte,” McDevitt said.
City living: The location in the heart of Uptown makes this residence walkable to numerous popular restaurants, bars and other attractions.
- It’s also located in the same building as two popular restaurants including Sophia’s Lounge and Church and Union that can be accessed without leaving the building.
- This unit comes with three parking spaces — a rare find in Uptown.
Shane McDevitt with The McDevitt Agency has the listing. All photos are courtesy of Matthew Benham.
Take a look around:
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.