Spotted at #StarWarsKnight
I went to Star Wars Knight at BB&T Ballpark. Loved the promotion. Good stuff.
(1) The first 3,000 fans inside got these awesome hats. You’ll notice the sword in the K logo has been replaced by a lightsaber. You’ll also notice the sticker on the brim that says “Glow in the Dark.” Sick. I kept the sticker on so people would know it was authentic. I tried the hat on in the dark later. Didn’t glow, but I could see a K!
(2) Not as many crazy outfits as I had hoped to see, but some good ones. Some kids decked out, some adults.
(3) Great weather. Weather was in the 60’s, sun was shining until it set, clouds looked lovely. Spring (K)nights in Charlotte are tough to beat.
(4) The Knights showed the new Star Wars trailer about 20 minutes before the game on the big screen. Everyone watched.
(5) Celebrity look-alike cam featured all Star Wars characters. Nice touch.
(6) Best touch of all came when Darth Vader came out during the Royalty Race. Jerry the Jester had a massive lead before Vader smashed him in the face with a red lightsaber and Queen Charlotte snuck past him to finish first.
The Knights announced a total gate attendance of 9,047 fans. Pretty darn good for a Tuesday night. Star Wars Knight wins.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.