How to escape SXSW
Tired of downtown traffic? Sick of us everyone talking about South by?
What to do: Here's where to go to escape this weekend:
- Head to The Little Darlin' for biscuits and gravy paired with a Bloody Mary featuring their own house-infused vodka.
- Find vintage clothes and furniture at the North Loop's Room Service Vintage. Then grab a coffee at Epoch and browse Blue Velvet Vintage. Round out your day with a drink and food at Workhorse Bar or Drink.Well.
- Spend an afternoon at Meanwhile Brewery, which features barbecue from Distant Relatives, tacos from Pueblo Viejo, pizza from Dough Boys and more.
- Take a hike at McKinney Falls State Park located just 13 miles from the state Capitol.
- Cheer on the University of Texas women's basketball team, who kick off their tournament tonight, and head to Q2 stadium for Austin FC's game this Sunday.
More Austin stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Austin.