A tentative deal has been reached for Christine Blasey Ford, who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her in high school, to testify publicly before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday.
What we're watching: Republicans have publicly expressed a willingness to have Ford testify, but, as Sen. Lindsey Graham told Fox News' Chris Wallace, many are dubious as to what the hearing might actually reveal. Democrats, meanwhile, are continuing to push for a complete FBI investigation and have assailed their GOP counterparts for what they view as unfair treatment of Dr. Ford.
Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.)
- Perdue on NBC's "Meet the Press": "There is absolutely no rush to judgment. I think any objective person looking at the way Sen. Grassley has handled this, they would walk away thinking he has done everything he can making sure this information comes before the Senate and that this person is treated with all the respect she is due."
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
- Graham on "Fox News Sunday": "What do you expect someone to do with an accusation this vague — not verified in any way? Bring it forward, I will listen. But I'm not going to play a game here and tell you this will wipe out his entire life, because if nothing changes, it won't with me."
Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii)
- Hirono on CNN's "State of the Union": "I would be wanting to hear what kind of environment it was in high school. Apparently there was a lot of drinking and partying going on...we need an independent investigation that lays all of that out for us."
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.)
- Durbin on ABC's "This Week": "What in the hell did she have to gain in doing this? At this point, she's faced death threats, her family's been moved out of their home...when you take a look at this in honest terms, I believe that not only Judge Kavanaugh, but certainly Dr. Ford deserve a fair hearing."
Former Kavanaugh colleague Sara Fagen
- Fagan on ABC's "This Week": "I don't know the series of events that led her to make the statement she's made. What I do know is his character, and that the other people who were supposed to be at the party said that the party didn't happen."