Photo: Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images
The U.S. Office of the Special Counsel reported Friday that six Trump staffers have violated the Hatch Act by tweeting out Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again" or #MAGA, on their official Twitter accounts.
Details: The act is intended to prevent federal employees from using their positions to influence election outcomes, and those who violate the act may be fined up to $1,000 and terminated or suspended. The staffers have since received warning letters about the violations.
- Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah
- Deputy Director of Communications Jessica Ditto
- President Trump’s Executive Assistant Madeleine Westerhout
- Vice President Pence’s Press Secretary Alyssa Farah
- Office of Management and Budget's Deputy Communications Director Jacob Wood
- Former Special Assistant to the President and Director of Media Affairs Helen Aguirre Ferré