Florida Gov. Rick Scott gave an update on Hurricane Irma, calling it a "catastrophic storm this state has never seen."
- 25,000 people are without power due to the storm, which is sitting at Category 3 with 125 mph winds.
- Scott warned Irma could bring a storm surge of up to 15 feet: "Fifteen feet is devastating and will cover your house."
- He asked again for 1,000 volunteer nurses to assist in special needs shelters.
- He told Floridians to not risk it, even if they think they are out of the path of the storm: "People think if you're not on the coast it doesn't impact you, but it's the wind damage...this storm can change."
- There are 320 shelters currently operating: "There will be no resource or expense spared to protect life."