- Nov 11
George Takei denies allegations of sexual assault
Former model and actor Scott Brunton has come forward against George Takei, alleging to The Hollywood Reporter that the Star Trek star sexually assaulted him after they'd been drinking in 1981. Brunton was 23 at the time of the alleged assault. Takei was 43 or 44. Today, Takei took to Twitter to respond to the allegations:
- "The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do."
- "But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment."
- "Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful."
- "Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times."
- "Thanks to many of you for all the kind words and trust. It means so much to us. Yours in gratitude, George"