Get the latest market trends in your inbox

Stay on top of the latest market trends and economic insights with the Axios Markets newsletter. Sign up for free.

Please enter a valid email.

Please enter a valid email.

Subscription failed
Thank you for subscribing!

Catch up on coronavirus stories and special reports, curated by Mike Allen everyday

Catch up on coronavirus stories and special reports, curated by Mike Allen everyday

Please enter a valid email.

Please enter a valid email.

Subscription failed
Thank you for subscribing!

Denver news in your inbox

Catch up on the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Denver

Please enter a valid email.

Please enter a valid email.

Subscription failed
Thank you for subscribing!

Des Moines news in your inbox

Catch up on the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Des Moines

Please enter a valid email.

Please enter a valid email.

Subscription failed
Thank you for subscribing!

Minneapolis-St. Paul news in your inbox

Catch up on the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Minneapolis-St. Paul

Please enter a valid email.

Please enter a valid email.

Subscription failed
Thank you for subscribing!

Tampa-St. Petersburg news in your inbox

Catch up on the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Tampa-St. Petersburg

Please enter a valid email.

Please enter a valid email.

Subscription failed
Thank you for subscribing!

Please enter a valid email.

Please enter a valid email.

Subscription failed
Thank you for subscribing!

Richard Drew / AP

Suspended Fox News host Eric Bolling has responded via Twitter to allegations that he sent female coworkers lewd and inappropriate text messages without their consent:

Where things stand: Bolling was swiftly suspended by Fox News on Saturday "pending the results of an investigation" after a Friday evening Huffington Post report detailing the allegations, which Bolling's lawyer branded as "anonymous, uncorroborated claims" that were "untrue and terribly unfair." The network has faced a string of recent high-profile sexual harassment claims, leading to the departures of chairman Roger Ailes last year and anchor Bill O'Reilly in April.

The latest:

  • Bolling's name was scrubbed from the Twitter account for his show, The Fox News Specialists, at some point yesterday, per Mediaite.
  • Some guest replacements being considered for Bolling's extended departure are Geraldo Rivera, Dana Perino, and Jesse Watters, according to Brian Stelter's Reliable Sources newsletter.
  • Reliable Sources also says that Fox News gossip claims that Bolling's alleged behavior started back when Ailes was still in charge, reflecting the network's entrenched culture struggles.

Worth remembering: Bolling just signed a multiyear contract extending his tenure with Fox News in June. In announcing the signing, Fox News called him a "staple to the Fox News brand" and stated its hope he'd be "at the network for many more years to come."

Go deeper

51 mins ago - Health

Fauci says he accepted Biden's offer to be chief medical adviser "on the spot"

The government's top infectious-disease expert Anthony Fauci said Friday that he "absolutely" will accept the offer from President-elect Joe Biden to serve as his chief medical adviser, telling NBC's "Today" that he said yes "right on the spot."

Why it matters: President Trump had a contentious relationship with Fauci, who has been forced during the pandemic to correct many of the president's false claims about the coronavirus. Biden, meanwhile, has emphasized the importance of "listening to the scientists" throughout his campaign and transition.

Updated 2 hours ago - Politics & Policy

Highlights from Biden and Harris' first joint interview since the election

Joe Biden. Photo: Mark Makela/Gettu Images

President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris sat down with CNN on Thursday for their first joint interview since the election.

The big picture: In the hour-long segment, the twosome laid out plans for responding to the pandemic, jump-starting the economy and managing the transition of power, among other priorities.

The quick FCC fix that would get more students online

Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios

As the pandemic forces students out of school, broadband deployment programs aren't going to move fast enough to help families in immediate need of better internet access. But Democrats at the Federal Communications Commission say the incoming Biden administration could put a dent in that digital divide with one fast policy change.

State of play: An existing FCC program known as E-rate provides up to $4 billion for broadband at schools, but Republican FCC chairman Ajit Pai has resisted modifying the program during the pandemic to provide help connecting students at home.