EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt speaks to the media during the daily briefing. Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP
Two examples the Post notes:
- March: President Trump announces that the EPA would be re-examining Obama-era fuel-efficiency standards.
- April 26: Pruitt meets with General Motors.
- April 27: Pruitt meets with Auto Alliance, the "leading advocacy group for the auto industry."
- May 23: Pruitt meets with Ford Motor Company.
- August 10: Pruitt said in a press release that the EPA is "moving forward with an open and robust review of emissions standards," and welcoming public input.
- May 8: Pruitt meets with Fitzgerald Truck Sales, "the nation's largest manufacturer of commercial truck 'gliders.'"
- August 17: The EPA announces in a press release they are revisiting provisions concerning "stakeholders in the trailer and glider industry."
Editor's Note: This post was corrected on September 26, 2017 to provide more clarity on the timeline of Pruitt's meetings.