Economists await Q2 GDP report
Second quarter GDP figures will be released Friday morning, with widespread expectations that growth will easily exceed the 2% mark from Q1.
- The Atlanta Fed predicts 4.5% growth, while the New York Fed's "Nowcast" is at 2.7%.
- Economist consensus is closer to Atlanta than New York.
- U.S. GDP growth last topped 4% in 2014.
- Q1 GDP growth was originally reported at 2.3%, but was later revised down to 2%.
- President Trump is certainly expecting a big number, although it's virtually inconceivable that U.S. GDP growth would be higher than that of China (6.8% in Q1):