Axios360: Health Care: What's Next?
This morning, Axios' Mike Allen hosted a conversation on the future of health care policy. He was joined on stage by three influential voices in the ongoing health care debate.
- T.H. Lamar Alexander, U.S. Senator of Tennessee, Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
- T.H. Bill Cassidy, U.S. Senator of Louisiana, Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
- T.H. Tim Kaine, U.S. Senator of Virginia, Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
- Alexander: Trump engineered the bipartisan health bill
- Cassidy: We'll retry our health bill in 2018
- Kaine: I think Alexander-Murray will pass
Thank you Delta Dental for sponsoring this event.
Mike and Axios Health Care reporter Caitlin Owens kick off the event explaining Why It Matters. Chuck Kennedy
Senator Kaine tells Mike he thinks the bi-partisan Alexander Murray bill will pass. Chuck Kennedy
Mike in conversation with Senator Cassidy, whose recent Cassidy-Graham health care bill failed. Chuck Kennedy
Senator Alexander speaks with Mike right after a phone call with President Trump discussing the Alexander-Murray health care bill. Chuck Kennedy
This early morning event's açai bowls.