Although much was made about a new batch of iPhone and MacBook flaws disclosed by WikiLeaks on Thursday, Apple says the issues appear to all be old, since-fixed vulnerabilities.
"We have preliminarily assessed the Wikileaks disclosures from this morning," Apple said in a statement to Axios. "Based on our initial analysis, the alleged iPhone vulnerability affected iPhone 3G only and was fixed in 2009 when iPhone 3GS was released. Additionally, our preliminary assessment shows the alleged Mac vulnerabilities were previously fixed in all Macs launched after 2013."Apple added that it has "not negotiated with Wikileaks for any information."
We have given them instructions to submit any information they wish through our normal process under our standard terms. Thus far, we have not received any information from them that isn't in the public domain. We are tireless defenders of our users' security and privacy, but we do not condone theft or coordinate with those that threaten to harm our users.