Axios Dec 12
5. The GOP fallout
After the allegations against Moore were published, there was a flood of GOP senators and congressmen calling for Moore to withdraw from the race "if the allegations were true."
- Ted Cruz, John Cornyn, Mike Lee and Steve Daines all pulled their endorsements.
- The Republican National Committee pulled its support.
- Mike Pence said via a spokesperson that if the allegations were true "this would disqualify anyone from serving in office."
- House Speaker Paul Ryan called the allegations "credible."
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that Moore would face an Ethics Committee probe "immediately" if he won the election.