5 of this year's Super Bowl ads
- Budweiser, "Born the Hard Way": "Anheuser-Busch's cinematic 60-second spot chronicles co-founder Adolphus Busch's journey from Germany to St. Louis in 1857. ... Anheuser-Busch, which started working on the ad in May, says the ad isn't making a political statement."
- Bud Light, "Ghost Spuds": "Bud Light is bringing back its iconic 1980s mascot, Spuds Mackenzie, sort of. The dog appears as an unsettling T-shirted ghost. The dog eggs on a Bud Light drinker to go out and join his friends rather than sit at home alone."
- Honda, "Yearbooks": "To promote Honda's CR-V vehicle, a 60-second second-quarter ad features high-school yearbook photos for nine celebrities — Amy Adams, Steve Carell, Viola Davis, Missy Elliott, Tina Fey, Earvin 'Magic' Johnson, Jimmy Kimmel, Stan Lee and Robert Redford."
- Mercedes-Benz, "Easy Driver": "To target baby boomers, Mercedes-Benz enlisted the Coen brothers to direct an update to the tune of Steppenwolf's 'Born to be Wild.' Bikers at a bar are furious that their bikes have been blocked by a car — until they realize it's Peter Fonda driving a Mercedes-Benz AMG Roadster."
- Squarespace, "Calling John Malkovich": "slated for the first half ... shows a prickly John Malkovich calling the owner of JohnMalkovich.com to yell at him because he wants the domain."