- Budweiser, "Born the Hard Way": "Anheuser-Busch's cinematic 60-second spot chronicles co-founder Adolphus Busch's journey from Germany to St. Louis in 1857. ... Anheuser-Busch, which started working on the ad in May, says the ad isn't making a political statement."
- Bud Light, "Ghost Spuds": "Bud Light is bringing back its iconic 1980s mascot, Spuds Mackenzie, sort of. The dog appears as an unsettling T-shirted ghost. The dog eggs on a Bud Light drinker to go out and join his friends rather than sit at home alone."
- Honda, "Yearbooks": "To promote Honda's CR-V vehicle, a 60-second second-quarter ad features high-school yearbook photos for nine celebrities — Amy Adams, Steve Carell, Viola Davis, Missy Elliott, Tina Fey, Earvin 'Magic' Johnson, Jimmy Kimmel, Stan Lee and Robert Redford."
- Mercedes-Benz, "Easy Driver": "To target baby boomers, Mercedes-Benz enlisted the Coen brothers to direct an update to the tune of Steppenwolf's 'Born to be Wild.' Bikers at a bar are furious that their bikes have been blocked by a car — until they realize it's Peter Fonda driving a Mercedes-Benz AMG Roadster."
- Squarespace, "Calling John Malkovich": "slated for the first half ... shows a prickly John Malkovich calling the owner of JohnMalkovich.com to yell at him because he wants the domain."
Never miss an Axios exclusive. Sign up for Mike Allen's AM newsletter.
More stories loading.