5 news stories from Sean Spicer's pre-inaugural presser
Evan Vucci / AP
- White House briefings staying put...for now: Spicer committed to holding "the first couple of briefings" in the West Wing.
- 50 senior Obama officials staying on: To help until replacements named. A highlight is Brett McGurk as special envoy on ISIS.
- Remember SCOTUS? He chided Dems for delaying Cabinet confirmations, specifically citing Chao, Carson, and Haley as "unbelievably qualified" consensus nominees.
- Conflicting statements on conflicts: First: "What he has done is extraordinary to ensure that his focus is entirely on this country moving forward." Then: "I think the idea that he's going to his own hotel shouldn't be a shocker."
- On Israel: "Stay tuned" regarding the possibility of an embassy move to Jerusalem.