4. Government watchdog: 6 Trump staffers violated Hatch Act by tweeting #MAGA
The U.S. Office of the Special Counsel reported Friday that six Trump staffers have violated the Hatch Act by tweeting out Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again" or #MAGA, on their official Twitter accounts.
Details: The act is intended to prevent federal employees from using their positions to influence election outcomes, and those who violate the act may be fined up to $1,000 and terminated or suspended. The staffers have since received warning letters about the violations.
- Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah
- Deputy Director of Communications Jessica Ditto
- President Trump’s Executive Assistant Madeleine Westerhout
- Vice President Pence’s Press Secretary Alyssa Farah
- Office of Management and Budget's Deputy Communications Director Jacob Wood
- Former Special Assistant to the President and Director of Media Affairs Helen Aguirre Ferré