Health Care: What's Next
This morning, Axios' Mike Allen hosted a conversation on the future of health care policy. He was joined on stage by three influential voices in the ongoing health care debate.
- T.H. Lamar Alexander, U.S. Senator of Tennessee, Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
- T.H. Bill Cassidy, U.S. Senator of Louisiana, Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
- T.H. Tim Kaine, U.S. Senator of Virginia, Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
Why it matters: Senator Alexander announced his and Senator Patty Murray's bi-partisan short-term health care deal yesterday, which the President and Republicans have sent mixed signals about.
- Alexander: Trump engineered the bipartisan health bill
- Cassidy: We'll retry our health bill in 2018
- Kaine: I think Alexander-Murray will pass
Thank you Delta Dental for sponsoring this event.