Jun 14, 2017
Forbes' highest-earning celebrities
Forbes has released their latest ranking for the World's Highest-Paid Celebrities. The top 10 from 2017:
- Sean "Diddy" Combs, $130m
- Beyoncé Knowles, $105m
- J.K. Rowling, $95m
- Drake, $94m
- Cristiano Ronaldo, $93m
- The Weeknd, $92m
- Howard Stern, $90m
- Coldplay, $88m
- James Patterson, $87m
- LeBron James, $86m
- Forbes ranks the "top-earning front-of-camera entertainers on the planet by pretax income from June 1, 2016 through June 1, 2017. Fees for agents, managers and lawyers are not deducted."
- About 66% are from the U.S., 20% from Europe and 5% from Asia, with most of the rest from Canada.
- "Women comprise just 16%, ... an imbalance that reflects the gender pay gap across industries."
- Zack O'Malley Greenburg, Forbes' senior editor of media & entertainment: "Streaming platforms from Spotify to Netflix are finally creating meaningful income for entertainers, something that seemed a distant dream only a few years ago." See the full list.