2. Can the death of brick-and-mortar retail be stopped?
Illustration: Rebecca Zisser / Axios
We asked five experts to weigh in on whether anything can stop the wiping out of brick-and-mortar retail and the jobs they support:
- Mark A. Cohen, professor, Columbia Business School: Amazon is unstoppable
- Kirsten Green, founder, Forerunner Ventures: Online shopping is no fun
- Stuart Appelbaum, president, retail workers union: Retail won't die, but it will change
- Oscar Yuan, president, Ipsos Strategy3: Amazon spurns Gucci shows
- Joseph B. Fuller, professor, Harvard Business School: People want to see each other face-to-face