Evan Vucci / AP
Here are here key quotes from President Trump's speech to the Muslim world, in Saudi Arabia on Sunday, from his prepared text:
1. "We are adopting a principled realism ... Our friends will never question our support, and our enemies will never doubt our determination. ... [W]herever possible, we will seek gradual reforms – not sudden intervention."
2. "Our goal is a coalition of nations who share the aim of stamping out extremism and providing our children a hopeful future that does honor to God."
3. "We are not here to lecture — we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship. Instead, we are here to offer partnership."
4. "Every time a terrorist murders an innocent person, and falsely invokes the name of God, it should be an insult to every person of faith."
5. "But we can only overcome this evil if the forces of good are united and strong — and if everyone in this room does their fair share and fulfills their part of the burden."
6. "Terrorism has spread across the world. But the path to peace begins right here, on this ancient soil, in this sacred land."
7. "America is prepared to stand with you ... But the nations of the Middle East cannot wait for American power to crush this enemy for them."
8. "This is not a battle between different faiths, different sects, or different civilizations. This is a battle between barbaric criminals who seek to obliterate human life, and decent people of all religions who seek to protect it.This is a battle between good and evil."
9. "That means honestly confronting the crisis of Islamist extremism and the Islamist terror groups it inspires. And it means standing together against the murder of innocent Muslims, the oppression of women, the persecution of Jews, and the slaughter of Christians."
10. "Religious leaders must make this absolutely clear: Barbarism will deliver you no glory — piety to evil will bring you no dignity. If you choose the path of terror, your life will be empty, your life will be brief, and your soul will be condemned."